Monday, February 14, 2011

The Senate Better Not Mess With This Bill. I've Already Booked my Operation

After the House of Commons passed the 'transgender' bill, I immediately made arrangements for a sex-change operation. In fact I'm hosting a sex-change party where we all throw our gender into a hat and then draw to see what we will now become.

But darn it, if the self-righteous aren't trying to spoil my plans.

This bill merely seeks to add “gender identity” and “gender expression” to the Canada Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code’s hate crimes section.

But "religious" organizations are crying foul and Alissa Golob of Campaign Life Coalition (CLC) said that they were pandering "to the homosexual agenda and advance their cause to change the moral fabric of society.”

How ludicrous. She also suggests that "MPs are expected to be the voice for common sense and morality in the country." Since when? I don't vote for someone to dictate my morality and rarely expect a politician to have common sense.

Our government is there to protect it's citizens, and adapt policies for the common good. Not tell us how we should live. As Pierre Trudeau once said: "the state has no place in the bedrooms of the nation". And they have no right to see what you have in your pants.

The House of Commons passed a law to protect citizens. They are doing their job. When I think about religious groups that fight against poverty and social injustice, and then compare that to these "morality" busters, I wonder what drives them.

Certainly not morality or common decency.

No comments:

Post a Comment